Following the latest advisory update from the LTA we are pleased to confirm that Doubles Tennis will be able to resume at the Club as from 8am Monday 1st June 2020.
The relaxing of the guidelines still means that we have to be extremely vigilant and take all the necessary precautions to avoid contact and possible contamination.
Please find detailed below changes and notable points to existing guidelines:
1. Doubles play may resume as from Monday 1st June.
2. Four people from different households can now play doubles as long as you remain 2 metres apart wherever humanly possible.
3. Players now, do not need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls, however if you choose to use shared balls, then extra care must be taken to ensure that you do not touch your face during play. Clean your hands prior and after play using an alcohol based hand cleanser. (Dispensers available at court entrances).
4. Other than where players are from the same household, you must still stay at least 2 metres away from all other players during play, when taking breaks and before and after play.
5. Courts still have to be booked via Clubspark.
6. Unfortunately there are still no Social tennis sessions allowed, only set booked fours.
7. Court booking times have now been extended to allow for 2 hours of play. However you must still finish play 10 minutes before end of session to enable time to sweep the court and vacate club premises before the arrival of the next players.
8. It is an absolute rule that all balls, Tissues, bottles and rubbish must not be left on the courts or within the grounds, this is totally unacceptable. (There is no refuse collection service at the Club). PLEASE TAKE ALL RUBBISH HOME.
9. Seating, benches and practice court still remain out of bounds.
10. Clubhouse still remains closed to all Members.
11. There has been some changes to the group coaching rules which allow up to 5 people to be coached at any one time.
Gavid is working with his Team on the details as to how this will work safely. More details will be released later this week on group coaching activities.
Please still remain vigilant and please refrain from gatherings within or outside of the grounds.
A new risk assessment is being currently updated and we will forward this to you shortly.
Lynn will be taking part in the Kent LTA live webinar this Tuesday and we will update you as necessary.
Please could all Members read the updated guidelines produced by the LTA as of 31st May, please click on the link below:
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our Members who have accepted and followed the guidelines in helping keep our Members safe whilst enjoying their tennis at the Club.
Enjoy your Tennis, stay safe!
All very best wishes and thanks for your compliance of the above.
Lynn Giles President MLTC
Chris Harwood Chairman MLTC
Margate Lawn Tennis Club