14 day report…
We are now two weeks into the re-opening of MLTC and on the whole the guidelines are being followed for which we are grateful.
However! There are a few areas where we must be more diligent.
- We must arrive no more than a few minutes prior to booking time.
- Players must leave the courts and premises promptly after game has finished.
- Strictly no spectators except: one parent may accompany a junior to a private coaching session and remain on site for the duration of the session.
Please observe social distancing.
- It has been noticed that there are some social gatherings pre and after bookings. These are absolutely discouraged on Club premises and outside of the front gate, we would ask that you please observe and respect this ruling.
- Courts must be pre-booked using Clubspark. Play on un-booked courts is NOT allowed. (Any difficulties with this please contact Chris on 07484 274506.)
- It has also been reported that some courts have not been raked after use.
Please observe the Club rules and rake courts fully after use.
- PLEASE DO NOT: Leave drinks bottles, used tennis balls, or any rubbish on court or within grounds, take your rubbish home.
- A reminder that two sets of balls are required when playing singles.
(Unless you are from the same household).
Remember! High chance of contamination via hands.
- The Clubhouse remains strictly out of bounds to all members and is undergoing a deep clean.
Following Lynns latest live online meeting with the LTA.
We have been advised to add three additional disciplines to the club grounds.
1). The installation of alcohol based hand cleanser dispensers at the entrance to our three blocks of courts..
These have now been installed, please make use of them.
2). Attach barrier tape to all seating and out of bounds areas.
This is not only for prevention of contamination but also to prevent social gatherings and spectators.
Tape now in place.
3). A gap of 1/2 hour on start times between courts to prevent gatherings.
( We have decided to not implement this at present, but if gatherings continue this safety net may have to be introduced).
The Kent LTA also advised that the local council and police are doing spot checks on Tennis and Golf Clubs .
If the Club is not adhering to the social distance measures and guidelines, we could be fined up to £3,000 and closed down.
If the Club has these measures in place, but if individuals choose to ignore them , then they will be fined up to £3,000 and their membership will be withdrawn.
Finally, many thanks for your co-operation, these rules are in place to safeguard all members health and to ensure that we can progress with play.
Enjoy your Tennis.
Very Best Wishes.
Lynn Giles. President MLTC
Chris Harwood Chairman MLTC.